Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Back home ticket

Today on my way to the university I was thinking about my native country Ukraine. I'm going back home in May but I don't know the exact date yet because one part of my ticket is still on the waiting list. To be honest, I'm so exited going home that I even couldn't sleep last nights :)
It sounds strange but I was thinking about what had changed in my city as well as in Ukraine in general for the last eight months that I've spent in Canada. Are these changes positive or nagative? Will I be able to distinguish them? Of course, I will. However, my evaluation scale changed for the last months that's why I'm not sure what kind of impression I'll get.
Another thing I was wondering about is my parents. Even though I talk to them very often and they know almost everything that is going on in my life - I should emphasize ALMOST everything :) - I cannot believe that we'll see each other pretty soon. I missed them so much all this time that it sounds a kind of unbelievable for me now. And my brother... He became more mature. I know that for sure. So this change is going to be the best and pleasant change which I'm going to face.
Ye... My new life started here and probably in a month of being in Ukraine I'll tell my parents that I miss Canada... Probably... But I'll not do that. In order not to make them upset...
Going back... home...

15 comments:

Hisham said...

lucky you
i want to go back home after the EAP but it is a hassle for me to go back and have to renew my visa just to go back to Canada

Behzad said...

Hi,
I am going to my country on the March 24th. I tried to get the ticket for the march 16th! the day after our last exam but I couldn't.
I am more than happy or anything like that! I can see my girlfriend in less than 40 days :)

Scott Douglas said...

That's so great that you get to go back home in May. You'll probably have "reverse" culture shock for a while . . .

Abdulmohsen's said...

I always think about my country.
and I couldnt sleep.
I know your feeling.

HaVe FuN

Yolanda said...

I want to go back to my country too,but I have to study harder so that I can go back next year...

Have a good time!!

Helen said...

I miss my country tooooo much.
but, I will not go back~~~~

have fun and enjoy~~~~!!!
I have never been to your country. take some pictures for me`~~~:)

Natallia said...

I am glad for you! I also miss my parents, but really I don't have a lot of time for it because I have a lot of responsabilities in my own family. I am going to invite my mother to visit us this summer.

Fan (*^__^*) said...

I miss home~~~~~

David Sun said...

hi Oksana
i am also eager to go back to my country but i am still worried about our courses....i am not sure i will pass or not~~

We will,we will rock U!! said...

Hahaha !!! I'll go back to China in summer to see the Olympics.
But these days I found it a little bit hard to communicate with my parents. I wanna say sth. to them in our own dialect, but I don't know what that is called in our own dialect, and I use English words instead. The result is that they don't know what I am talking about. So I'm not sure if I can express myself well to my parents now. hahahaha j.k.

yun said...

Did you decide to go back home?
Oh~~`I am going to miss you.
You should go back to Canada in a month. ok?^^

Martin said...

Yes, one of the great thing of being separated from the people we love is to realized how much we love them, and how much sometimes we have take for granted their presence around us and take their love for granted too.

I'm glad for you Oxana that in less than 2 month you will be reunited with your beloved family. What a great moment of your life it will be. Sharing with your friends and Family what you've learn, experienced, and lived here in Canada. However, I have to warn you about something that I have experienced before which is similar to that. I went to Nicaragua for a couple months when I was 23 and when I came back I tried to report all the things that my eyes had seen there, the culture, the people, everything. But it wasn't receive the way I wished. Yes, of course my family were interested in my story, but I couldn't really transmit my enthusiasm of my experience and I got sad because of that. In other words, ONLY Neil Armstrong himself KNOWS what it is to walk on the moon. Even if he tried, by writing books, speeches, or documentaries,to transmit to humanity what he experienced up there, he will only be able to express a tiny fraction of what he experienced or lived. And this can be very frustrating for a traveler.

I think I'm lost here so I will stop. I hope that it makes a little sense to you?

Martin

Amin said...

are you going to kiev or kiev?!? ;)

To Behzad: March or May?!?

dana said...

I think you will miss Canada more than missing Ukrain.

Jason said...

YOU are a LUCKY girl. I may go back to China, but I am still concerned about a question---can I cope with my first year of university after finishing EAP 3. I still need to study English after EAP 3. However, I really want to go back because I miss the food in China SO MUCH.