Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Best Advisor

Very often I like, it's even better to say I love, to spend my time doing stupid things... like shopping. I can spend many many hours in the malls watching stuff and deciding what's better to buy, what's more useful and has better quality. The ladies can understand me but not the gentlemen who usually hate shopping.
I spent more than 4 hour on Saturday doing that with my cousin. And I should have spent those 4 hours for studying English :) specially on improving my writing skills. Even though there was a lot of snow on the roads, and it was not really safe to drive, we couldn't stay home and do not go shopping. Sounds funny but I guess it's one of my hobbbys. Probably the worst one but I need it like water.
I should say that shopping is not totally wasting of time as people sometimes consider bacause it makes you think a lot. You have to watch all kind of stuff, to choose, to remember what you need for this week, do not forget to buy anything. So I'm usually trying to think about what I need before and to make a kind of list. Ye, sort of. But it doesn't help lots because I will forget something for sure every time. There is no help for forgetful people ):
One more reason why I think it's the worst of my hobbies is that it makes me tired. Very tired! Every time I'm coming back home I think why I spent some much time in the shop. I have a lot of thinks to do that are important and should be done. But now no time for them left and I have to do everything in a hurry because I was doing a funny thing - shopping. I want to have a rest after that. A long and good rest. Then why I still continueing to go shopping for many hours and to enjoy that activity, if I can say like that, every single week. I guess if I am not studying and working I would spend at least 10 hours out of 24 in the malls every day.
Ladies, say I'm not the only one like that. I know there are many of us. But why? What's wrong with our minds? I know some guys who enjoy shopping as well as me, but not a lot. And they are not my father and brother whom I drove crazy while taking to go shopping with me.
The one thing I know for sure is that if you don't know which dress to buy and you are still deciding between two of them: the red one or maybe green...? Ask the guy. He is the best advisor. Right, guys?

9 comments:

Behzad said...

I used to have problem with my girlfriend about shopping. I don't like to waste my time by shopping, so I usually buy whatever I need in less than 3o minutes and come back to work. But, she wanted to spend the entire of a day to just watch and decide. Then, next day we should went to find that special thing and find the store with best quality and cheapest price. Third day we went there and if I were lucky enough she would buy it and finished. Sometimes it was not that much nice and fun. This situation that I described was the best and ideal situation. Can u imagine?

hjm.huang said...

We should have to kill our time by doing what we love to do. Life is not just study.
...so don't worry about that you are wasting time. You are absorting and accumulating the energy from doing shopping!!
:)

Unknown said...

shopping is not a stupid thing, for sure. i like doing the same thing, but not for clothes or some stuff like that, i do shopping just for fun. i like games and some electronic
things with hi tech, i even spend more than 4 hours. spending the whole day on watching those stuff often happens to me.

ⓞ^ⓞ said...

I have spent almost 8 hrs shopping with a girl, I didn't buy anything but my hands were full with bags.

Natallia said...

Hi, Oksana!
I understand you very well. For me shopping is a kind of drug. I can't leave a store without buying anything! I spend a lot of time (and money!) shopping. These boxing days and boxing weeks with their "SALES" can make everybody crazy! So, nowadays I prefer to avoid stores, but unfortunatly I'am not very successful in this intention.

yt_65 said...

Hey Oksana, i guess we both can agree at one point at shopping... Guys hate Shopping...... i mean cmon who would spend half of the day by just looking at the clothes... i wouldnt it is boring.... not that i am against shopping it is totalyy waste of time.... i always have one question in my mind, why girls can pick what ever they want and leave the shoping center? i wouldnt say shopping is a hobby, it is more likely an addiction...u spend a lot of money and waste a lot of money..... well I guess i shouldn't judge people abt shopping to mcuh, it is a personall choice....

We will,we will rock U!! said...

I haven't got an girlfriend yet, but usually, I went shopping with my elder brother who's my cousin. every time we went shopping with our Moms, we left them alone and went for sports area. haha
Here in Canada, I went shopping with my housemates and classmates, looking for sports wear as well. hahaha

We will,we will rock U!! said...

And almost everytime, we spent less than 2 hrs, or 2 1/2. Not very long.

However, I don't know whether I'll be crazy when shopping with a girl. I did that with my elder sister who's my another cousin as well, but I just didn't feel boring.

We will,we will rock U!! said...

I want to get a girlfriend now.
But in the meantime, I don't want to get a girlfriend.
I don't know what to do.
Looking at so many beautiful and sexy girls by pass me, I really want to get one.
Staring at my priority, my studying stuff, I don't want to get one by now.
So... I don't know what I'd do...